Bitters are an important class of botanicals that help support efficient digestive, assimilative, and eliminative functions. The primary function of Swedish Bitters is to help with digestive complaints like bloating, flatulence, sluggish digestion and constipation.
Bitters stimulate the flow of bile from the liver, which in turn stimulates intestinal peristalsis and promotes nutrient absorption. By enhancing digestion, Swedish Bitters are a great help in cases of bloating, flatulence and gas.
Skybright Swedish Bitters is a traditional herbal mixture, prepared to the original recipe. It is a blend of 11 herbs that includes manna, angelica root, zedoary, aloe, rhubarb root, senna leaves, theriaca venezian, myrrh, carline root, camphor and saffron.
Benefits of Swedish Bitters tincture:
- Promotes biliary, pancreatic and gastric secretion
- Soothes digestive tract
- Relieves bloating, flatulence, gas, cramps and nausea
- Encourages toxin elimination
- Tonifies and regenerates the digestive tract
- Acts as a gentle laxative
- Restores natural acid balance in the stomach
- Stimulates circulation
- Stimulates liver function
- When used externally, it alleviates inflammations of all kinds if applied to spots, wounds, bruises, scars and contusions
Taking Swedish Bitters
In Europe, bitters are taken in a shot glass before or after meals to stimulate digestion, settle the stomach before eating and neutralise the damages of alcohol. After a heavy meal, Swedish Bitters can be quite helpful against indigestion, as well as to relieve bloating and gas.
manna, angelica root, zedoary, aloe, rhubarb root, senna leaves, theriaca venezian, myrrh, carline root, camphor, saffron, ethanol, process water.
Adults can take 5-10mls daily. Children can take half dose, or as directed by a Healthcare Professional. Swedish Bitters has a strong, bitter flavour and may be taken in water, herb tea or juice.
Do not use if pregnant, breastfeeding, or if vomiting, nausea, diarrhoea or abdominal pains are present.