Purely Earth Healing Bentonite Clay
Purely Earth’s clay is an effective tool used for the management of eczema, psoriasis, rashes, hives, bites, difficult wounds, ulcers, reflux, indigestion, severe bruising, some fungal conditions and more.
You can use a clay bath for:
Eczema, itchy skin issues that cover more than a small area
To help remove chemicals and metals from the body during a detoxification program
To help reduce chemical rashes and reactions to chemical solvents and products
To help provide relief from chicken pox itching
To help reduce histamine in the skin – hives, allergic skin conditions
To help with the control of secondary infections on the skin which are common in eczema and other open skin conditions
To reduce lymphatic congestion and swelling
To reduce the impact of chemotherapy without interfering with the drug action – reduces body smell and the degree of side effects
To help manage lymphatic congestion in areas of the body where lymph nodes have been damaged or removed
To provide relief from aches and pains – foot baths for tired, sore and aching feet, full baths for conditions which affect more than the feet
Making a Clay Bath
- Pour hot water into a bath.
- Take 1 cup of Purely Earth Clay for an adult or ½ a cup for a small child’s bath and sprinkle it over the water using a whisk to mix it in as you go. It may take 5-10 minutes of whisking to disperse into the water and it will be clumpy to start.
- Make sure the water is not too hot before climbing in.
- For adults, soak your body for 30-60 minutes in the bath using your hands and feet to agitate the clay from time to time. Use the time to relax and switch off. Children are easily entertained with bath toys and try to keep them in the water for a good 30 minutes unless they are younger than 3 months in which case 10 minutes is recommended.
- Do 1 bath daily for the first 10 – 14 days. Then do 2-3 baths per week depending on the condition and how it responds. You may need to do this for another 2-3 months.
- After this, 1 bath each week as a maintenance is recommended as a preventative and general detoxification tool.
- NB: For people who are very toxic, very congested or frail, start with a cooler (but still warm and pleasant) bath temperature and use a 1/2 cup of clay. Limit the first few baths to 15 minutes each time and gradually build up the amount of clay and the length of time in the bath over the course of a month. Start with 1 bath every 2-3 days.
- We recommend sipping a glass of water with Endura Electrolytes in it while you are in the bath. This will prevent dizziness or a feeling light-headedness. This can be given to small children in a sipper cup.
- After leaving the bath you may want to shower off very briefly, but this is optional.
- Use Purely Earth Vitamin E Cream on your body afterwards. This is a neutral, non-allergenic natural cream that feeds the skin and works extremely well alongside the clay to nourish the skin and help it repair.
- If you do not have a bath, use the clay as a pack and follow the packing instruction. Pack the body in sections, doing a different section each day. For example start at the feet on the first day. The next day do one leg. The day after, do the other leg. Then move to the torso and so on. Do this until every part of the body has been packed 4 times. This takes longer, but it still works.
- Alternatively, you can use a combination of sitz baths (tubs or buckets you can sit your bottom into) and foot baths intermixed with packing. The big flexi-tubs from The Warehouse work well for this.
We Also Recommend